Part-Time Operations Assistant Position
Operations Assistant Description
The Operations Assistant provides critical administrative, technical, and communication support to the Women’s Impact Fund (WIF), and works with the Operations Manager and its volunteers. Essential technical support includes maintaining the financial records, donor database, email marketing, social media and the website. It is a 24-27 hours per week position. The Operations Assistant reports to the Operations Manager.
- Graduate of a four-year college or university preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of eTapestry, Your Membership, or other donor management database a plus
- Working knowledge of Social Media and managing content on various platforms
- Excellent computer skills, including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Constant Contact, and WordPress
- Attention to detail and accurate and timely completion of assigned projects
- Ability to relate with diverse populations and constituent groups, including volunteer boards and committees, program participants and nonprofit organizations
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Enter and maintain accurate financial information in QuickBooks.
- Process banking items (bank deposits, credit card transactions, ACH setup/transfers, matching gifts).
- Perform bank reconciliations, budget and other financial reports using QuickBooks.
- Enter and maintain WIF member, grantee, and other data in eTapestry (the donor database) and update as needed. Generate multiple reports for WIF mailings as requested, including exports from database and mail merges. Manage and conduct complete mailing process.
- Create donor acknowledgement letters and annual contribution statements.
- Work on the pledge payment process, including sending out invoices to WIF members, tracking payments and assisting with pledge reminders.
- Format and distribute event invitations and manage RSVP lists for events.
- Provide support for WIF’s e-newsletter and the website, using Constant Contact, WordPress and other software.
- Work in partnership with the Communications & Marketing Committee to manage social media (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Create spreadsheets, charts and graphs using Microsoft products and review prepared documentation for accuracy.
- Provide high-quality support to a broad base of prospects, WIF members and nonprofit organizations for customer calls related to recruitment, program details, event and meeting information, financial data, grants or general questions. Serve as a point of contact for general questions regarding WIF by answering calls and emails.
- Manage office supplies and postage.
- File and organize WIF information as needed.
- Additional tasks or projects assigned by the Operations Manager.
Women’s Impact Fund Overview
Founded in 2003, the mission of the Women’s Impact Fund (WIF) is to strengthen communities by maximizing women’s leadership in philanthropy through collective giving, education and engagement.
The organization has emerged as one of the fastest-growing women’s collective giving groups in the country with more than 500 members. WIF continues to create powerful change in Mecklenburg County. To date, the Women’s Impact Fund has made 64 grants totaling $5 million. The high-impact grants range from $40,000 to $100,000, and focus on the areas of arts and culture, education, environment, healthcare and human services.
Our members are active and engaged. Each year, more than 125 WIF members volunteer to take responsibility for the leadership, grant making and programming of WIF through committees and grants work teams.
- Parking provided close to office
Inquiries and Interest
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Jessica Klasinski, WIF Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate flexibility as it relates to hours or time constraints. No phone inquiries please. The deadline to submit a resume is February 23, 2018.